Product Support Engineer
A Product Support Engineer at Baton, is responsible for responding to issues in
production as a first responder and coordinating the triaging process with Baton
engineering teams, partner contacts and customers. The support engineers need to be
in on-call rotation and have to work in shifts, to ensure 24×7 support.
- Experience working on one Linux platform, preferably Ubuntu or Red Hat.
- Expert user of multiple group communication and conferencing tools such as Zoom, Google Hangouts, Slack etc.
- Experience using ticketing systems, preferably Jira.
- Experience documenting issues and solutions, preferably using wiki platforms
such as Confluence.
- Knowledge of using runbooks as part of responding to alerts.
- Knowledge of on-call process that involves the creation and maintenance of
on-call and vacation calendars, preparation of hand-off notes etc.
- Have experience escalating issues and communicating issues with management
as well as customers.
- Experience troubleshooting in Linux environments.
- Basic bash scripting skill
- Experience working on one or more public cloud platforms AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Knowledge of containers, Docker and related concepts
- Knowledge of using REST API using tools like curl or wget.
- Knowledge of databases.
- Successful Product Support Engineers at Baton will have…
- Be leaders who can motivate themselves and a team around them to excel and perform well
- Hire only the best, push themselves and others to excellence while still having fun
- Be result oriented and extremely driven to the success of the customer and the team
- Realize in a startup the journey is as important as the destination. Ability to enjoy the journey is important
About Baton Systems
Baton Systems is a leading silicon valley FinTech company that is building the next generation solutions for Capital Markets. Baton builds a SaaS based platform for clearing, settlement and back office solutions.
About Baton People
We are on a mission to change how money moves in capital markets. We have very seasoned and successful team that has worked on several successful startups before.