DevOps Lead Engineer
As a DevOps Lead Engineer at Baton, you will be responsible for leading the efforts with automation, tooling, overall system optimization and monitoring. You are a problem solver who will work with other team members to take the infrastructure design to the next level, supporting multiple cloud environments (AWS, Azure, On premise), help build engineering practices, processes to provide 99.99% availability and ensure security and regulatory compliances such as SOC2.
To qualify for this position you need to have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related engineering disciplines and hands-on experience working in a full stack DevOps environment for a minimum of 4 years. Team leading experience is preferred.
Must Have Skills
- Expert knowledge of DevOps domain, especially CI/CD, Infrastructure Provisioning, Deployment Automation and Monitoring.
- Experience working on one Linux platform, preferably Ubuntu.
- Scripting skill using bash or Python.
- Knowledge of using Git or other source code control systems.
- Clear understanding of bare-metal, VM and microservices infrastructure.
- Basic knowledge of networking concepts and the related tools available on Linux.
- Database knowledge, both RDBMS and NOSQL.
- Basic storage knowledge – disk drives, NFS, filers, Cloud storage like AWS S3.
- Experience working on one or more public cloud platforms – AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Knowledge of Git, Jenkins, Artifactory, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible and Terraform.
- Knowledge of containers, Docker and related concepts.
- Knowledge of packaging tools – yum, apt, zip, tgz, jar etc.
- Ability and willingness to participate in the 24×7 on-call rotation for production support.
Good to have Skills
- Knowledge of modern build tools such as Maven and Gradle
- Knowledge of using REST API
- Programmatic access using tools like curl
- Good understanding of SSH, ssl certs, key based access etc.
- Virtualization technologies – VMware, OpenStack, Vagrant, Packer etc.
- Experience troubleshooting in Linux environments.
- Knowledge of Prometheus and Grafana.
Successful DevOps Lead Engineer at Baton will ..
- Be leaders who can motivate themselves and a team around them to excel and perform well.
- Hire only the best, push themselves and others to excellence while still having fun.
- Be result oriented and extremely driven to the success of the customer and the team.
- Realize in a startup the journey is as important as the destination.
- Ability to enjoy the journey is important
- Geographically dispersed data centers deployments
- Hands-on datacenter experience racking and connecting servers, switches, etc.
About Baton Systems
Baton Systems is a leading silicon valley FinTech company that is building the next generation solutions for Capital Markets. Baton builds a SaaS based platform for clearing, settlement and back office solutions.
About Baton People
We are on a mission to change how money moves in capital markets. We have very seasoned and successful team that has worked on several successful startups before.
We are looking for seasoned engineering professionals who are highly technical and can grow a team of up to 15 people over the next 18 months. It is important at this early stage that the person be very hands on and can implement complex replication and distributed system protocols.