Welcome to Baton’s podcast series ‘Transforming Financial Markets’. Hosted by Baton’s Founder & CEO Arjun Jayaram, the podcasts explore innovation in payments and post trade processing. Each show features special guests and thought leaders who are shaping the future of the markets.
In this episode, we welcome back industry experts Ketan Patel, Policy Advisor and Head of Financial Markets Risk Analysis, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, and Ulrich Karl, Head of Clearing Services, ISDA. While financial markets are increasingly looking to reduce and manage risks in the post-trade world, many unintended consequences are surfacing. This particularly stems from the industry asking for exemption from obligations.
In this podcast we discuss:
- What are the unintended consequences and how do we best to move forward?
- How is the industry managing risk in uncleared markets?
- Should post trading risk reduction transactions be exempt from the clearing obligation?
- What is the issue in OTC markets that is a risk element?
- Can you do compressions more frequently? Would that help?
- Is there an accepted view in the industry of what the optimal time period is?
To find out more about how Baton is transforming Financial Markets visit Baton Systems | Payments accelerated